Saturday, March 19, 2005

End of Bartlet...

...But not The West Wing. My dirty little secret to those who know me as a committed conservative is that I enjoy this show. Even though I usually cringe at Bartlet's conclusions, I love the portrayal of the political process and the policy banter that saturates the show. Well, NBC has just picked it up for a seventh (and possibly final) season. I've really enjoyed this season--more so than last season. Here's hoping the GOP candidate (played by Alan Alda) can win the upcoming election on the show (although I doubt the writers will allow it...they've given far more screen time to the Democratic candidate played by Jimmy Smits).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree -- usually bad politics, but good show. I'm a sucker for any show where people talk in that hyper-articulate fast-paced style like a 30's movie. Gilmore Girls is another good example.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home