Thursday, December 22, 2005

Munich

The Christmas holidays are eagerly anticipated for a variety of reasons--among them, the arrival of promising movies at the box office. Three movies topped my list of must see movies this year: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, King Kong, and Munich. I enjoyed the first two and am awaiting the release of the third. My interest in Munich is grounded primarily in my fascnination with the status of Israel surrounded by countries that hate it and what it does to ensure its security. In 1972, Israeli athletes were the target of a savage terrorist attack. The Mossad saw to it that the PLO terrorists who assasinated its Olympic athletes were brought to justice in the years that followed.

From what I've read, Munich is about the aftermath of the tragedy at the Munich Olympics. This piece, however, posted at the American Thinker gives me pause. I still plan to watch this movie but will do so with a great deal of skepticism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home