Sunday, June 25, 2006

Ohio

A couple of weeks ago I spent the weekend visiting a friend (JD) in Ohio. I'd never been to Ohio before, and I must say that I had a great time. My first full day there we went to Cedar Point--the worlds largest amusement park as I understand it. The rides were incredible. One ride in particular was thrilling: in 4 seconds it propelled you to 120 m.p.h. which allowed you to shoot up to a height of 420 feet. From that height, you had a few split seconds to take in the gorgeous view of Lake Erie before you plummeted straight down to the ground. Pure Bliss. Sadly I didn't take any pictures because I didn't want to keep up with my camera. But check out the link above and you'll get an idea as to why you too should go to Cedar Point.

The next day JD, his dad, and I visited the Air Force musem in Dayton. I took most of my pictures there. The museum consists of three monsterous hangers which, displayed chronologically, contain aviations finest aircraft. Here's a Wright Flyer (can't remember if it's an origional or model):
Wright-Flyer

And, fastforwarding several decades, here's a Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird:
SR-71-Blackbird

And here's my favorite: the Apollo 15 Command Module. So cool to think that this thing orbited the moon and reentered earth at 25,000 m.p.h.
Apollo-15-CM

After the Air Force museum, JD and I attended a Reds game in Cincinnati. The Reds, hosting the Cubs, lost, but I had a blast anyway. I saw the Cubs hit a grand slam (my first MLB grand slam to watch in person) and Griffey hit his 547th home run.
Reds-Game

All in all, a great trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home