Sunday, December 12, 2004

LSU?

It's been a long time since I've posted on this blog and that is mostly due to the hectic frenzy law school exams induce into one's life. I've got two down two to go at this point. Monday I'll spend 4 hours writing about property--a class I know nothing about. Fortunately for me, no one else in my class knows what's going on in that class. We're allowed to take a 15 page outline into the exam. Suffice to say, this outline has everything we talked about in class. The professor in this class has plagued me all semester. In the last week alone she's told me for the purposes of my final exam that I should "expect failure" despite having the "most creative answers in the class" because I won't be given any credit for any creativity infused into my exam. Rather she confirmed she wants me to take the exam as though I were a "trained monkey." So this exam will boil down to how well you format your answers and make it easy for her to grade. The worst thing I could do on this exam is write anything that will actually make her think.

But enough of this interexam gloom and doom. I'm not really that worried about the exam...I simply do my best based on what I know the professor wants and that's all I can ask of myself.

I was shocked to read this on CNN today: NASA chief to resign...

I like this guy and how well he's responded to Bush's Vision. I hate to see him go. Especially to the black hole of the south, LSU. Part of me though, can't blame him. He will after all be payed a lot more. But on the other hand, had he stuck it out, he could have continued to be a part of one of the most amazing times at NASA--a time where NASA goes from 200 miles up circling the earth ad infinitem to sending men to the moon and Mars to do what NASA is actually supposed to do: EXPLORE. I also wonder how this will alter the debate about how to service Hubble...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the black hole of the South would be more closely located to that clump of shrubbery some refer to as "The Grove", or, the gathering point for all yuppiedom, current and future.

This is Sarah, by the way...apparently I have to set up an account or post anonymously, and I couldn't pass up such a chance.

Good luck on your finals. Say hi to your wife.

5:27 PM  
Blogger David said...

Well, that is one problem with the Vision, is that it's just so paced out that to stick out for the really cool part, he would have had to have been (I believe) the longest-serving NASA administrator ever, since we're at least 10 years away from people being back on the Moon.
That said, I would have had no problem with him sticking around that long.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home