Sunday, February 13, 2005

From Iraq...

A quick note from Joel in Iraq:
Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to let everyone know that I am in the IZ (International Zone) also known as the green zone.  It is fairly quiet out here especially after the elections.  I went out on a patrol in my sector yesterday and it was exciting to say the least.  Chasing gun shots.  It is like the wild west out here.  Thank you for the e-mails and the prayers.
So it looks like the soldier's life in Iraq keeps you on the edge of your feet. It must be satisfying to finally be over there putting all the countless hours of training and preparation to use on the ground.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Joel is safe...but I do have to say, "on the edge of your feet" is a new one on me.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Err...such novelty is the fruit of a hasty post. I'm glad to see though, that it keep my reader on the edge of her *pause* seat.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home