Friday, March 31, 2006

Cups

What is it about coffee shops and liberals? I'm in Cups--you know, a trendy kind of coffe place with something sounding like Radiohead playing in the background--a place where you bring your laptop or your New York Times and pass the time away sipping some excessively hyphenated named latte with a nice plate of sliced fruit on the side. It's not that I don't like places like this--I do. I mean, they have free wireless, good tasting coffee, and the people, as far as I can tell, are nice. But I can't help but think that these types of places are Meccas for liberals.

"Ha! Major League Baseball is launching a steriods probe. I'll be believe that the day I believe Bush." So says the chap who just sat next to me. I wonder if he realizes that a former Democratic majority leader is heading up the investigation in the baseball probe...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Up here it's artsy and liberal.

I need to call you soon and talk to you both about your trip. I thought I had your new cell phone numbers but then I lost them. If you still have mine, give me a call. If not, well, then, I guess you're just out of luck.

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? Coffeeshops have liberals??? Thanks for the warning, I'll be more careful from now on. ;)

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In other news, many conservatives listen to talk radio, and saunas are full of Swedes.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home