Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The circle of strife

I found the following video posted at Little Green Footballs (the blog that recently broke the story of the photoshopped-pictures from the Israel-Lebanon war). The video has the first footage I've seen of Hitler meeting the Mufti of Jerusalem (the man who Yassar Arafat claims is his uncle). A lot of people have been making analogies between what's happening now in the Middle East and what happened in the 1930s. Usually, analogies are taken too far and made to quickly. But I believe that the more we learn about what's happening now, and the more we study the past, the more appropriate this particular analogy becomes. I hope our leaders don't forget the lessons of the past--just as I hope they don't turn a blind eye to the dire challenges we face today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home