Friday, December 17, 2004

The End

The exams are over and three weeks of freedom have arrived. My torts exam went well. I thought it was a very fair exam--one that did a thorough job of testing the material we've covered this past semester. This is a remarkable study in contrasts from my property exam a few days ago. Not only was it very poorly written, but it did a poor job of reflecting the material that we covered. And it certainly didn't reflect what we should have covered. But I'm through with property unless I decide that I should audit the class next fall in hopes of really learning that subject. I will, after all, need to know it for the bar...

On the whole I'm not sure what to think about this first semester of law school. The material wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, but that's not to say that I think I'm garuanteed A's. Far from it. I have NO idea what my grades will be. When I check my grades in January, it will be my first feedback from this system I'm in. Up to now, I've had no way to really objectively guage if I'm on the right track or not in my studies. If my grades are good, I'm doing something right. Otherwise, I know I need to correct course or up the ante so to speak. This has to be the biggest frustration I have with law school. If you don't quite get it the first time, redemption comes at far higher a price than it did in undergrad or high school. In fact, its hard to even compare the two to my experience now.

But I suppose that all of this is part of life. Life certainly has a way of moving you along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home