Friday, June 10, 2005

Sonic

I'm usually fairly sympathetic to Israeli policy for the simple fact that if I were living in constant fear of a 16 year old brain-washed boy blowing himself up in the market where I shop I would probably want to approach things like Israel has throughout its history. But for a while now I've been leery of their plan to force Jewish settlers in Gaza to relocate. While there is no question that the Jewish presence in the predominantly Palestinian Gaza is a huge source of conflict, there's something unsettling (forgive the pun) about forcing one's own people out of their homes to live somewhere else. And what's even more unsettling is that Israel is thinking about using a sonic weapon to accomplish their objective of relocating these settlers.

It's sad and it makes me think about how our politicians will expend so much energy and partisan foolishness over things like judicial nominees while Israel finds itself having to sort through some truly serious and thorny issues. I can't help but wonder how pathetically our Congress would cope with things if it had to deal with all the daily difficulties that Israel must contend with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home